Instructions are included in every Bleach, Please kit and should be followed closely. For the best results:
- The hair should be at least slightly dirty (one day or longer since last wash), dry, and detangled.
- Mix together bleach and developer until it is a creamy, even consistency with no lumps. DO NOT use a metal bowl or metal tools.
- Then, using a hair applicator, brush the bleach mixture onto the hair in small sections for even coverage. Avoid contact on the scalp when applying the bleach. Do not brush hair close to the scalp right before applying bleach, as it can open up microscopic cuts in the scalp and increase sensitivity and burning during the bleaching process. To avoid hot roots, apply bleach to the mids and ends of the hair first, and leave roots for the last step, as they will lift quicker.
- After all your sections are fully saturated, go back and apply the bleach to roots and any missed spots. Any leftover bleach mixture must be discarded.
- Wait 15-45 minutes, checking your hair every 5 minutes while processing.
- Rinse out thoroughly in lukewarm water once you’ve received your desired level of lift, or after 45 minutes to ensure the safety of your hair.
- Once you’ve rinsed the bleach out with lukewarm water, apply shampoo and wash it the hair thoroughly, but gently. After which a deep conditioner is highly recommended to keep hair from drying out further which may lead to unnecessary breakage.
- If you’re just bleaching your roots, be careful to not apply bleach over previously bleached hair to avoid damage.